Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2015 annual benefit dinner,AAC,NY Chapter

 
Jeff Lowe as awardee of lifetime achievement as a notable climber.
I would like to express my sincere homage for his lifelong dedication to climbs and skill development. The first boo from him I read through was the " Ice Experience ". 

Even though he could not talk, he thinks right.  I met him at North
Conway,NH in 1996.  I handed in my Everest book to him, he handed in his ice climbing technique
book to me. I handed in that book to Jongmin Won of Kolon Climbing School. 
 
 

 Section heads of aac, metropolitan area.
 

1990,when I was preparing a book of world famous climber, he sent me a encouraging letter to me.
Some years later, I wish I could visit to Manchester area to see Sir Joe Brown and Sir Doug Scott.

With Sir Chris Bonington and Reinhold Messner. I read through their books thoroughly when I was ambitious enough. Sieben Grat, I chose to climb. After reading his book, I started to training running
the hills.  He was quite influential climber to me to follow.

 Shasha,22 years old, collegiate of Columbia Univ, NYC. She recently learned about dry tooling from
Bill Mayo, NE climber.
Ueli Steck, modulator and Sir Chris Bonington at their panel discussion.

IMG guides and basecamp manager at panel discussion.
 
Panelists for the crowded Mt. Everest  discussion. David Hahn(14 times ascent to Mt. Everest ) and Mellissa( 5 times ascents of Mt. Everest ) and basecamp manager from commercial expedition company. 


Venue for silent auction. Drinks were serving countlessly and equipped with handy tablets to make bids. Ice Axe from Reinhold Messner were sold at 14,000 dollar at auction.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment